Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Coming Attractions

-Later Today, I will will put up my first feature article. The topic is American 1500m running over the past generation, and the article starts with the era of Jim Spivey and Steve Scott and covers emerging medal hopes Andrew Wheating, Leonel Manzano, and Lopez Lomong in the quest to break America's medal drought in the 1500m run.

-Wednesday, I will post the first of a weekly (hopefully) feature on the lighter side. This week, I'm going to look at the track exploits of Boston pro athletes like Vince Wilfork (shot put and discus), Jacoby Ellsbury (presumably NOT discus) and more. As is this blog's mission, I will dig deeper than the newspapers off-hand mention of a guy as a "standout" and see if I can dig out some results on how good the guy actually was.

- Thursday I'll preview this week's 2 day Diamond League Meet, Aviva London, which really should be a doozie. Following the meet, I'll have a cooldown and a full discussion of the blockbuster meet.

That should do it for a bit, and thanks so much for reading what has already been a rewarding endeavor. Any ideas, suggestions are always welcome in the comment box or at my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment